Landscape Capital Management, LLC, founded in 2006, is a quantitative investment management firm with over $300mm in assets under management. We seek to generate equity market alpha through a variety of diverse sources, such as behavioral market anomalies, arbitrage-type strategies, and the analysis of alternative data sets.
We are a team whose members came to fund management from non-traditional backgrounds. From skilled game playing, to engineering, to physics, to advantage gambling, to actuarial science, our team looks at finance through a different lens, and we seek to leverage that difference in perspective in our approach to the markets.
Current openings are listed below. If you might be a good fit, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Our preferred candidates share our curiosity for how systems work and using data to gain additional insight. We’re seeking people with a strong intuitive grasp of probability and an appreciation for the market as a multiplayer game of strategy with sophisticated participants.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Use, maintain and improve our technology stack that supports data warehousing, signal exploration, and backtesting
- Conduct quantitative finance research with a focus on statistical and predictive models
- Work directly with portfolio managers to research and develop new trading strategies, from idea generation through production implementation and oversight
- Assist with ad-hoc projects around risk-reporting and attribution
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Strong analytical skills and a technical background in mathematics, computer science, finance, or similar quantitative discipline
- Intermediate to expert skills in each of the following: Python, pandas, SQL, git, linux. Familiarity with AWS, docker, Factset and/or Snowflake would be a plus
- Experience with time-series analysis, preferably involving financial data sets. Practical experience finding sources of edge in financial data would be a large positive
- Landscape Capital is a boutique firm searching for someone who is self-motivated and thrives in an entrepreneurial environment
- We have offices in Englewood, NJ and Manhattan (at Columbus Circle). We prefer someone who can work primarily onsite (at either location) initially, with transition to partial remote work possible over time
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits, including fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, four weeks paid time off, and 401K plan with company contributions